Systems Engineer – Trading Platform
We’re looking to hire and train exceptional engineers who will act as the go-to person for the business (traders), and will collaborate closely with them as well as the TECH TEAM. Someone with exceptional grasping, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
Some aspects of the role are covered in further detail:
– Handle Trader Requests:
The major responsibility of the expert engineer is to reply to trader’s inquiries and requests. Become known as the “go-to” person. The expert engineer gathers information on occurrences or issues, finds the root cause of the problem, and develops solutions to trader problems. If an individual is unable to manage the demands, it will be escalated to other members of the TECH TEAM.
– Deploy Solutions to Trader Issues:
If possible, specialists can fix user technical issues immediately. If the issue is simple, the specialist may coach the trader through the procedures necessary to remedy it on their own. In either situation, the specialist tries to create and implement a solution to the problem without involving the TECH TEAM.
– Keep track of the trader’s demands and issues:
To keep meticulous records of the trader’s troubles and use them to diagnose and resolve complex situations. They may also forward these findings to the Tech team in order to hunt out difficulties that traders have reported. Additionally, the specialist may examine these records of the trader’s issues/problems and offer suggestions to avoid future problems.
– Responsible for Escalations:
Complex issues or problems outside of the specialist’s field of competence may be escalated to the TECH TEAM. Notes on the problem, recordings of failed solutions, and any data they’ve obtained about the trader’s difficulty are frequently included in these escalations. The specialist may also collect the trader’s VNC on occasion so that the TECH TEAM can study the system and implement a solution.
– Run UAT Testing and Updates:
Finally, the specialist may conduct UAT tests and push releases to production on a regular basis. They may also be in charge of troubleshooting and ensuring that software or hardware updates do not result in unforeseen consequences elsewhere in the system or excessive downtime. They may also be present during software and peripheral update and installation operations.
– Participate in Weekly and Monthly Meetings:
The specialist is expected to attend and contribute to weekly and monthly meetings by bringing up issues.
– Develop new solutions or modify existing ones to address concerns that may arise in the future:
Developing methods to prevent any predicted concerns from occurring, as well as avoiding the occurrence of previously unforeseen issues. This will entail the use of coding solutions to improve data reporting and monitoring.
– Infrastructure scaling:
Infrastructure scaling, as well as boosting the efficiency of deployed systems and trading tools.
– Coordination with Vendors, Exchanges, and External Organizations:
As needed, coordinate with vendors, exchanges, and external organisations.
Required Skill Set
- At least one scripting language is required (e.g. Python, Golang, Perl etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Either a working knowledge of networks and network programming or a strong desire to learn more.
- A working knowledge of tcpdump/wireshark is preferred, but not required.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of databases and queries. Complex queries should be able to be executed on demand.
- Working on Linux should be second nature to you or you should be able to pick it up quickly.
- Basic programming and shell commands are desired.
- Able to work both independently and with others.
Desired Skill Set
- A basic understanding of capital markets is desirable but not required.
- Understanding of how trading exchange data/protocols function.
- Familiarity with multi-threaded programming.